Thursday, June 12, 2008

Transition

Time for something other than politics....summer heat, movies and family. If you haven't made plans for the summer, do it now. Don't let the glorious days of sun go by without doing the things you love with the people you love. I plan on theater and more theater from Stratford in Canada to Williamstown in Massachusetts and Niagra-on-the Lake in between. My granddaughters are coming from Denver and my grandson is graduating from High School. My family will gather in LA in July to celebrate my son's 20 year anniversary. Throw in a little Ladies Golf with the LPGA and the pool for other parties and I think my dance card is filling up. I haven't even mentioned the movies....I loved Iron Man with Robert Downey Jr., a comic book hero brought to life with good humor, outlandish plots, great special effects, and unreal(istic) plotlines. Great stuff!! I also liked Sex and the City even though I wasn't a watcher of the TV series. I went with a diehard fan who was on her third viewing. Talk about hidden pleasures. It was fun, though. Others that I liked and may be out on DVD were In Bruges (which I commented on in an earlier blog) and The Bank Job. This one is a really good heist movie and those are hard to come by. I think it is on DVD too.

I just got back from New York and saw Strange Passing, a new musical (mostly rock) which was fresh and different from the usual Broadway show. It is nominated for several Tonys and I think will win one or two next Sunday night. Stay tuned for my comments on summer theater and other events along the way. What are you all up to??

No comments: