Thursday, April 30, 2009

Where did I leave off.....

Okay, I am back...back in Rochester and back to my blog. After spending a week with my children and grandchildren in Denver, I flew to Phoenix and drove up to Sedona. If you haven't seen red rock country, you really should try to do that. It is beautiful and staying at a resort that had the "snoopy" red rock configuration for a view was just heavenly. Four days connecting with the spirits of the mountains was very refreshing. There are urban myths that aliens are already here, living in the Sedona area...with the government's knowledge and permission, of course. I love speculating on who is an alien...is it the wierd looking guy you just walked by on the street or the beautiful blonde at the pool?? They copy humans, of course. :)

Then, it was on to Phoenix and visiting with my dear friends who are transplants from the East but have been in Scottsdale so long, they are really locals. I shortened my stay there to two days and headed home. I was done with traveling and glad to get back even if there was two months of mail waiting, a house badly in need of work and a long list of projects.

Besides the house, I continue reading screenplays, judging the competition for the local film festival. I read the entrants, picked five finalists and the winner. I look forward to the reading that will be performed live at the festival in early May. Check it out---High Falls Film Festival's "Screenplay Live!" It is also nice having my son, Gordy using my home as "base camp" while he pulls together his next movie project. It is a wonderful script and he will be directing it sometime this summer, hopefully.

The news continues to place second or third in my priorities but I do find some of the events interesting. Watching Arlen Spector do his "Staying Alive" dance is amusing and could Joe Biden create any more awkward moments for his President. The press continues to give him a pass every time. "It is just Joe", they say....mmmm....wonder what they would be saying if it were Sarah Palin? I continue to watch several news channels so I can hear all sides of an issue. Those of you who watch just CNN and/or MSNBC are hearing news that is slanted and you need to throw in some of the other outlets before you decide what your own opinion is on any subject.

Movies are typical summer fare but I am looking forward to some. Midnight tonight is the opening of "Wolverine" and I am there with my grandsons and their friends. What?! As my son said, he is positive I am taking to retirement better than anyone he knows. I think he is right.

No comments: